St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston (SSESH) seeks a caring and compassionate Substitute Teacher to work with students ages 15 months through 8th grade on an as-needed basis. Do you love guiding children in fun age-appropriate learning activities? SSESH offers small classroom environments, experienced teachers and colleagues, a welcoming community, and opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume, a cover letter, as well as three references to Ms. Nahla Nasser, Principal, at email@example.com
- Monitor students engaged in independent work, group projects, or similar activities, ensuring respect for classmates and materials
- Monitor outdoor time with a focus on safety, cooperative play, and fun
- Organize and facilitate fun, educational activities for the children
- Ensure the safety and care of the children
- All persons employed at SSESH must be over the age of 18
- Experience working with children; Montessori certification preferred, but not required
- Confidence in the classroom as well as in communicating with parents and colleagues
- An interest in learning about Montessori
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Completion of Safeguarding God’s Children Training
- A successful background check, including fingerprinting
- Obtain and maintain first aid, automated external defibrillator (AED), and CPR certification