At St. Stephen’s, we seek to be accessible for as many families as possible who value our learning opportunities for their children. We understand that affording a highly impactful learning experience often requires sacrifice. Financial Aid is the tool we use to make our community accessible. Financial Aid is budgeted annually and approved by the Finance Committee of the Board.
There are more applications for assistance than funds available; therefore, we use the following practices to distribute aid responsibly:
- New students must be mission-appropriate and in good standing with their previous school.
- Current accounts must be up-to-date to be considered for aid in the subsequent year.
- All awards are assessed with regard to family needs as determined by a third-party assessment.
Award decisions are made by St. Stephen’s through a confidential and blind screening process.
Please contact the Office of Campus Life — email@example.com — with any questions concerning aid or payment plans. We are eager to help you through every step of the application and aid process.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
- To apply for financial aid, visit: https://online.factsmgt.com/grant-aid/inst/454P1/landing-page or https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- After completing the online application, you will need to upload all required supporting documentation (see below). All documentation received is imaged upon receipt and then destroyed.
- A non-refundable application fee is required before your application is submitted.
- You may log in to your FACTS user account to review the status of your application. Please allow 2 weeks processing time before inquiring further about receipt and/or status of the uploaded documents.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit financial aid applications as early as possible in the application process. For families submitting full financial aid applications with all supporting documentation by February 1, St. Stephen’s will endeavor to provide conditional financial aid awards prior to the Common Reply Date.
The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- IRS Federal Income Tax Return, including all supporting schedules for 2022. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year. If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received.
- Copies of all 2022 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- If you are applying before you have received the W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your 2022 Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss from any of the following:
- Business – send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).