St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston (SSESH) seeks a da Vinci Lab/Makerspace Guide (Part Time) to work with students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. The da Vinci Lab for Creative Arts & Sciences is a STEM and Makerspace environment where students take the lead in project-based learning. The da Vinci curriculum covers subjects such as coding, touch-typing, 3D design, crafts, robotics, and the engineering design process.
This role is a part-time position, in the afternoons on Monday through Thursday. As a Makerspace Guide, you will be working with an experienced design engineer and a group of energetic and motivated students. Currently this program serves students within the St. Stephen’s school, and will soon be opening to students from surrounding public and private schools.
For more information about SSESH, please see our website: www.ssesh.org
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to: Ms. Saadia Azher, Interim Assistant Principal (email@example.com).
- Experience or interest in working with children
- Skill with coding, electronics, 3D printing, robotics, laser cutting, or other Makerspace/STEM themes
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and make things
- Willingness to support the Montessori methodology
- Supportive, flexible, and collaborative; strong communication skills
- Completion of a successful background check, including fingerprinting
- Certified in first aid, automated external defibrillator (AED), and CPR, or willing to become so certified
- Completion of Safeguarding God’s Children training
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Provide help and encouragement to students ages 5 through 14 years old
- Assist the Lab Guru as necessary in delivering an organized and safe environment
- Help children work cooperatively in an atmosphere of respect
- Capture and share STEM/da Vinci Lab news via social media and other platforms
- Communicate in a professional manner with parents and caregivers
- Assist in presenting the Da Vinci Showcase at the end of each semester
- Assist with maintaining and the organization of the Makerspace
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Comply with SSESH policies and procedures