St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston (SSESH) seeks a caring and compassionate School Counselor (Part Time) to work with students ages 15 months to 8th grade. SSESH embraces a continuum of education where each developmental stage of the child is considered. Our tradition of educational excellence and leadership offers inquisitive, inspired, and creative students a global framework for learning. We welcome all students, employees, and families with respect.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume, a cover letter, as well as three references to Ms. Saadia Azher, Interim Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At least three years of experience working as a school counselor
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Counseling and Guidance or a related field
- Certified in first aid, automated external defibrillator (AED), and CPR, or willing to become so certified
- Completed Safeguarding God’s Children training, or willing to be so trained
- Authorization to work in the United States
- A successful background check, including fingerprinting
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive counseling and guidance program
- Counsel individuals and small groups of students with presenting needs / concerns
- Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders to enhance their work with students
- Perform other counseling and guidance related duties as assigned
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner with parents, caregivers, and other stakeholders
- Assist with referrals to specialists and other services
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Comply with SSESH policies and procedures