St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston (SSESH) seeks caring and compassionate teacher assistants and substitute teachers to work with students ages 15 months through 8th grade. Do you love guiding children in fun age-appropriate learning activities? Do you have special skills to share with the next generation of learners and leaders? SSESH offers small classroom environments, experienced teachers and colleagues, a welcoming community, and opportunities for advancement. Pay is $20-$25/hour, depending on experience.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume, a cover letter, as well as three references to Ms. Saadia Azher, Interim Assistant Principal (email@example.com).
SSESH offers a variety of contract terms to meet your schedule, including:
- Afternoon work from 2:30 – 5:30 pm;
- Seasonal Summer Camp work in June and July during the extended camp day, which begins at 7:30 am and ends at 5:00 pm; and
- On call work during the extended school day, which begins at 7:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm.
- Monitor students engaged in independent work, group projects, or similar activities, ensuring respect for classmates and materials
- Monitor outdoor time with a focus on safety, cooperative play, and fun
- Organize and facilitate fun, educational activities for the children
- Ensure the safety and care of the children
- All persons employed at SSESH must be over the age of 18
- Experience working with children; Montessori certification preferred, but not required
- Confidence in the classroom as well as in communicating with parents and colleagues
- An interest in learning about Montessori
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Completion of Safeguarding God’s Children Training
- A successful background check, including fingerprinting
- Obtain and maintain first aid, automated external defibrillator (AED), and CPR certification